The Cross-Sectoral Environmental Strategy 2017-2022
The Environment Quality Authority developed, in cooperation with is partners, the cross-sectoral environment strategy 2017-2022 and identified its strategic objectives and policies in accordance with the National Policy Agenda and the 2030 sustainable development goals. This strategy, which was devised in partnership with governmental institutions, civil society, the private sector and academic institutions is comprehensive and integrated with the other strategies, and will contribute to achieving the strategic vision to access a clean, sustainable and protected environment.
Pillars & Objectives
- Decrease and control environmental pollution levels
- Maintain and sustainably manage the natural environment and biodiversity
- Implement measures to adapt to climate change, combat desertification, and deal with environmental disasters and emergencies
- Update and activate the environmental legal framework, increase the efficiency of the institutional framework, and enhance international cooperation
- Enhance the level of environmental awareness, knowledge and practice