The Agricultural Sector Strategy 2017-2022
The Agriculture Strategy 2017-2022 represents a turning point in strategic planning in the State of Palestine and aims for a sustainable agricultural development so as to contribute to food security for Palestinian people and to national economic development according to the National Policy Agenda 2017-2022. It addresses the commitments of the State of Palestine towards the international system in terms of implementing the sustainable development goals adopted by the United Nations.
Pillars & Objectives
- Enhance female and male farmers’ resilience and steadfastness on their lands
- Promote the sustainable management of natural and agricultural resources and improve adaptation to climate change
- Increase agricultural production, productivity and competitiveness in local and international markets, enhance the contribution of the agricultural sector in the gross domestic product, and strengthen food security
- Improve the access of female and male farmers and entrepreneurs to quality agricultural services to increase value along agricultural value chains
- Develop effective and efficient institutional and legal frameworks