New Kuwait 2035: Kuwait National Development Plan
New Kuwait 2035: Kuwait National Development Plan aims to transform Kuwait into a financial and trade hub, attractive to investors, where the private sector leads the economy, thereby creating competition and promoting production efficiency under the umbrella of enabling government institutions. The plan also promotes existing values, social identity, human resource development, balanced development, adequate infrastructure, advanced legislation and inspiring business environment.
Pillars & Objectives
- Reform administrative and bureaucratic practices to reinforce governmental transparency, accountability and efficiency
- Develop a prosperous and diversified economy to reduce dependency on oil export revenues
- Develop and modernize the national infrastructure to improve the quality of life for all
- Improve the quality of services in the public healthcare system and develop national capabilities at a reasonable cost
- Ensure the availability of living accommodation through environmentally sound resources
- Reform the educational system to better prepare youth to become competitive and productive members of the workforce
- Enhance the regional and global presence of Kuwait in the fields of diplomacy, trade, culture and philanthropy, among others.